online shopping

Discussion in 'Watercooler' started by Mei, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Mei

Mei Active Member

how many of you do the online shopping? do you trust the sites especially if you are shopping for gadgets like an iphone? i have never tried shopping online because i am too scared to try it. what about you?

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Online Shopping Is A Great Option

I have shopped online for years. I prefer to use well-known sites. I have not had a problem with any purchases. In fact, the delivery has usually been much better (quicker) than via catalog. And, you may be able to avoid sales tax for purchases if the site does not collect them for your state.

If you are unsure of a particular website, try going to one that is more established and has a decent track record. If you do this, I think that you will wonder why you waited so long to try online shopping.

3. Mei

Mei Active Member

thank you for the tip Blue Frog. my brother does shop online. but then i have not asked him what sites he is using. maybe if the sites are really well-known, then there is nothing to worry about because it may be a trusted site and many people have already tried it.

4. ziffos

ziffos Member

I use online shopping all the time for many items.

Best tip I could give is :- Use your credit card to pay for the items as you get consumer protection through the credit card company - at least you do here in the UK.

5. phonedrn8

phonedrn8 Active Member

yep or use a prepaid with a set limit so i the bottom falls out you wont lose your ass

6. Gumelil

Gumelil Member

or what i like to use whenever possible when i'm shopping is paypal