how long?

Discussion in 'Watercooler' started by Mei, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Mei

Mei Active Member

how long have you been using an apple product? i usually do not have an iphone or any of iphone products but i am thinking of buying one.

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Apple Product User

I have used an Apple desktop product for years.

I have also had to (for my work) had to use a Windows XP laptop, while on the road, to do what needs to be done.

My simple summation is that when you have a computing platform that comes from literally hundreds (perhaps thousands) of computer and laptop manufacturers for one operating system (variations of MS Windows), you get a computing "solution" that exhibits the amazing myriad quirks and eccentricities that frustrate many computer users. I hve reached the "end of my rope" with my Windows XP laptop and am awaiting an upturn in our economy to justify replacing it with an Apple laptop.

WHY??? Because the manufacturer (Apple) of the operating system and the laptop are one and the same! Thus, there is less opportunity for the same kinds of "quirks", bugs and other frustrations that Windows computer users have learned to live with and just accept as "normal for a PC."

We are seeing much the same situation for the iPhone. Again, the manufacturer of the iPhone (or at least the definer of its specifications) and of its operating system are one and the same. This is why, the iPhone has such user friendliness and why older smartphone "solutions" such as the phones produced by Palm and by Rim (a/k/a Blackberry) have not been able to fend off the tremendous impact of the iPhone.

The most interesting new competitor for the iPhone is Android. Android is using the Microsoft formula to attempt to compete with the iPhone. Google has written the operating system for Android phones and there is a growing list of manufacturers who want to produce an Android smartphone. We shall see if they are an effective competitor to the iPhone or if they are just an interesting also-ran in a few years.

Bottom Line: Buy the Apple product. You will not regret it!

3. Mei

Mei Active Member

wow, you really are a fan of apple. well, i have heard so many good things about apple products plus your story. i think that apple really offers the best products.

4. cobalt7

cobalt7 Well-Known Member

i have been using an apple product for about an year and a half now

5. mobilephone7

mobilephone7 Member

I dont use it before,and want to buy a new one

6. Robocop

Robocop Member

i hav been using something to do with apple for over 3 years now...first gadget was my ipod.