Size of iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by dreamr802, Dec 6, 2008.

1. dreamr802

dreamr802 Well-Known Member

Do you wish that the size of the iphone was a little bit smaller? The iphone is too big to really put in your pocket or anything like that . I would have to keep mine in my purse because i hate having things clipped onto my belt/pocket.

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Interesting Comment

I appreciate your thought about the size of the iPhone. I have a 2.5G 16GB iPhone and I have done OK with the size issue. I do use a case with a belt clip to keep it handy. But I can very much relate to what you are saying.

There would be a noticeable tradeoff between size and visual utility because any reduction in size of the iPhone itself would likely also reduce the size of the screen. A reduced screen size would impact a tremendous number of applications as well as make it a bit more challenging to surf the web.

This makes me wonder if there is some affordable alternative hardware option that might allow for a smaller form factor while also accomodating a screen that could fold out and perhaps offer an even larger screen.

I have a feeling that once we are past the holiday season, Apple may not be too far away from its next iPhone offering. However, I would be shocked if it were much smaller than the current model.

Thanks for your post--interesting thought!

3. iLiam

iLiam Active Member

Its Ok its only the size of a large MP3 player, but for all the capabilities an iPhone Has I think its a reasonable size

4. busybee

busybee Member

I would not want it to be any smaller. I had a hard enough time getting used to using the iPhone to access the internet and use certain programs as I am used to normal screen sizes of laptops and PCs. If it was just a phone, then smaller would be fine but it's much more than strictly a phone.

5. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Bullseye!

You are exactly correct. If the iPhone is intended for more uses than just as a phone, then it is probably at its optimum size. However, if you are merely satisfied with an iPhone that ONLY functions as a phone, then you could downsize the size of the iPhone--but you'll end up sacrificing most of what makes the iPhone such a compelling product.

6. dreamr802

dreamr802 Well-Known Member

Yeah I understand what you guys are saying. I don't have an iphone right now because I can't afford it right at this time...but yeah I really wasn't thinking bout the screen size because it is a good size to read on...but yeah it would be cool if the screen could pop out somehow.

7. icepricessa

icepricessa Active Member

I agree. With all the functions that it comes with, the size of the iphone seems to be at its ideal right now. If it were to be smaller, there would be a compromise on the functions.

8. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

Hey...Iphone is much smaller than the features it offers.You cant expect a Hi-tech gadget jus too small..Its just the same size if the Ipod video version.

9. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

I really don't think that I phone has a big size or its bulky,it is providing so many features that other phones don't offer also you have to remember that apple works on nano technology and if any other company provides the same features then it will never be able to provide the same size as apple,the size will be much bigger than current i phone.

10. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

Before I had my Iphone I always purchased a small Nokia. I used to store my phone in the breast pocket of my shirt however the Iphone is a bit to heavy / big for that. I would also prefer a somewhat smaller Iphone version.