iPhone on different servers?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by dreamr802, Dec 6, 2008.

1. dreamr802

dreamr802 Well-Known Member

When will the iphone be available to verizon/all tell/tmobile? I think if Apple wants to make a lot of money they should open it up to other carriers because i really want an iphone but I'm stuck with verizon for another 10 months.

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Competition Is The Key

Our salvation will not come from Apple or from AT&T. As long as they are the top dog, why should they change a thing?

What you seek (and a lot more) will come when competitors, such as Android develop super compelling applications which do run on all of the carriers you have mentioned. Because Android is an "open platform" they will be on more carriers than the iPhone for the foreseeable future. I know, your next questions is "For how long?"

The answer depends upon how long it takes Android (and other iPhone competitors) to catch up --and maybe surpass Apple's iPhone. My best guess is that with Apple's head start, it will take Android about 3 years to get a seriously competitive platform that may be able to go toe-to-toe with our beloved iPhone.

Until then, we will just have to accept the sparsely doled out crumbs that Apple & AT&T allow us to get.

3. iLiam

iLiam Active Member

Buy an iPhone off eBay and Unlock it using a Turbo simcard