Resetting my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by ImSoLost, Dec 6, 2008.

1. ImSoLost

ImSoLost New Member

i just bought my iphone 8g from someone used but they didnt reset it (not sure why) so their info is still in the phone.. i want to get it out.. but i dont wanna lose all the apps... i went to settings, general, reset... but i dont know if i should do reset all settings, erase all content and settings, or reset network settings. please help...

2. ImSoLost

ImSoLost New Member

ok i reset and cleared everything and now it will only let me make emergency calls... im so lost for real

3. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

A Genius Can Help

While you are online, locate your nearest Apple retail store and make an appointment at the Genius Bar. Share with them what has happened and ask for their assistance. Their services are usually FREE--if your iPhone has not been broken or had water get inside of it.

Good luck.

4. iLiam

iLiam Active Member

No No No... What you have to do is plug your iPhone Into iTines and Sync It with iTunes and then Restore your iPhone To the latest software avalible and then it will work fine.

Hope That Helped You

Let The forum know how you got on !!!

5. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

Always the solution to restore your phone to its original state is to do that by way of using I tunes.If you had all your backups with your i phone then you can restore all to its original state.Even jailbroken phones can be restored for warranty purposes using i tunes

6. ceprateek

ceprateek Active Member

Yes this is simple man.
    Just reset and then plugin to iTunes and they'll make sure that your phone is working fine and you have the latest firmware. Usually after resetting people complain and there is absolutely no need of going to Apple store.