Internet problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by craphead, Dec 6, 2008.

1. craphead

craphead New Member

Hey!
    I got my new Iphone 3g today and i installed itunes etc. Then iwanted to connect with internet. I activated Wi-Fi and i was in the internet. But i wondered, wheter its from the W-lan or from the Iphone. If it´s from the iphone it´ll cost me much money. Then i shutted my internet off and tried to go to itnernet with my iphone again. And i could surf in the internet. So it has to be the iphone internet. But how can i deactivate the iphone internet ? I don´t want to go online with iphone internet, because it costs me .
    Please help.

2. icepricessa

icepricessa Active Member

If I am not wrong the iPhone uses wireless connection either from your wireless braodband modem at home or outside. If there isn't one, it'll use the 3G or GSM network and that costs money.. well from your service provider.

One way is you can check if the wireless connection detected is coming from what source, you are also able to select the source if available. All of it in "Settings" > "General"

3. joeknows

joeknows Active Member

I agree with Iceprincess. I believe if the iPhone detects a wifi netowrk it can connect to, it will use that over the 3G connection. You just want to double check that you are indeed connected to wifi and not the 3G, if you are really concerned your billing.

4. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

First try to add the connectivity options exclusively to your home network alone and disable all other networks.If its your own network it will be free for you apart from internet costs.But if its thro GPRS then it will really cost you much more and you may have to avoid it.