Strange message on my start up screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by gregii, Dec 2, 2008.

1. gregii

gregii New Member

Hey all - new user of iphone and first post, but...

Have successfully jailbreaked my iphone, but after installing a few apps, I now have a message on the boot/Lockscreen that says :
    "This doesn't really do anything yet, but it /did/ get down loaded off the server :p. (Awesome, huh?)"

Firstly, it ain't awesome - just a bit stupid and annoying, but does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Thanks

2. joeknows

joeknows Active Member

That is kind of crazy. Is the message the only thing that happens. Even if it is the only thing you notice, I would restore my device to a un-jailbroke version of firmware and then try to jailbreak it again. I would then be careful what apps you install. You may also need to actually get into the memory of the device and manually delete the apps you have installed.

3. gregii

gregii New Member

Re the strange message

Thanks for that. I had thought of doing exactly what you say. It seemed to happen when I installed the South Park winterboard set. Looks like I'll ahve to do the restore and as you say as no-one else seems to have an answer. thanks again.

4. calvindale

calvindale Active Member

Just be careful on the applications that you are going to install we never know if it's virus infected or so whatever, and try downloading on safe and trusted sites. :D