Upgrading iPhone Software & EDGE

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by KAKershaw, Oct 30, 2008.

1. KAKershaw

KAKershaw Member

Let me say forst of all that I am a novice, so take that in mine as you answer my question(s).

I have a 3G I-Phone that is jailbroken and I use a turbo SIM card to use the phone with T-Mobile. When I sync my phone with my computer/itunes, it gives the option of upgrading to I-Phone version 2.1 (currently using 2.0.1) and to upgrade to I-Tunes 8.0.1 (currently using 7.7.11).

Should I go ahead and upgrade the I-Phone software to 2.1? If I do so, is it as simple as upgrading and then jailbreaking the phone again? Will I lose all the third party applications I have downloaded to the phone? I am thinking of doing this because I have a number of updates to the applications and they require the phone to be using the 2.1 software.

If I need to upgrade should I go ahead and upgrade the i-tunes as well? Is it as simple as re-jailbreaking the phone after upgrading?

Finally, I have notice that I lose the EDGE at time with my phone (seems to happen when I get a small signal or temporarily lose the T-Mobile signal. I can pop out the SIM card and put it back in and get the EDGE signal back but is there another way to deal with this issue regarding EDGE?

Thank you for the time and consideration to helping me with this matter.

Keith

2. rafayj

rafayj Member

Yes you should upgrade to 2.1, its much better. Yes its pretty simple, takes some time but its easy. You do a backup of all the applications just incase.

After upgrading to 2.1, then upgrade your itunes too.