Alright Guys I Just Purchased An Iphone 2g...

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by Snakebite786, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Snakebite786

Snakebite786 New Member

And right now I want to use it just for the ipod right now because I currently don't have any service. I know I have to jailbreak it but I have NO IDEA what the current firmware is. Right now it is at the emergency call screen. So can someone please tell me how I can jailbreak my iphone so I can use the ipod features right now. It will be greatly appreciated!:):)

2. rafayj

rafayj Member

Try searching on the internet or on these forums, you would find a tutorial on how to jailbreak your iphone. Current firmware latest one which most have been using is 2.1

3. icepricessa

icepricessa Active Member

That's true, jailbreaking does give you more freedom and control over your iphone. However, there's a price to pay should anything go wrong. For one, its not under warranty, it's an option if you have the money and ready to take such a risk... nothing is 100%.

4. dreamr802

dreamr802 Well-Known Member

If you were going to use it for only the ipod why not get the ipod touch? I would've preferred that especially if you don't have the at&t service.

5. martincooper91

martincooper91 Member

6. Jnasty

Jnasty New Member

"its not under warranty"

Couldn't someone just restore to factory settings On iTunes if anything were to happen to a jail broken phone

7. balsy_megan

balsy_megan Member

Anyone can restore their setting through iTunes that's what i build for. But some problem like unrecognized phone, automatic update to 3.1.3 which is so far got problem. You can try this.