Will iphone come down in price??

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by orange_street, Feb 7, 2007.

1. orange_street

orange_street Active Member

Just wondering if the iPhone will follow the cellular phone trend which is to release it in the high $200 price range and then start lowering the price after a few months until it is selling for sub $100 with a contact to a particular service provider?

2. buymeaniphone

buymeaniphone Member

I doubt the price will go lower than $250 cause thats the actual cost of the phone. Supposedly Apple is being pretty strict with the pricing of the phone staying at $500 and $600 so as not to offset the prices of iPods

3. iUser

iUser Well-Known Member

No, I really doubt they will. Look at all of Apple's products and then look at how many come down in price; not many at all. Then again, it's nearly impossible to have an accurate guess at the question due to the fact that the only way iPhones will drop in price is if the demand for them is extremely low.

4. cobalt7

cobalt7 Well-Known Member

even if it does ,it will come down by a very small margin
    apple is pretty firm with its prices

5. csh

csh Active Member

Sadly it's the truth, if anything we will only see a very small, insignificant, price drop. Though to be honest I'd personally be a tad annoyed if they lowered it now. :p

6. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

na they wont cut down the prices... instead they wud launch sumthnwithin same range but lot more features... may b an improved camera... so lets wait!

7. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

I am sure that the older versions of the Iphone will start coming down in price. The same happens with all types of mobile phones. The same can be seen with Nokia phones. If you wait a year then you can often get a model for only half the price.

8. cogbuddy

cogbuddy Well-Known Member

i think they may reduce their price in near future, because of great competition against various mobile manufactures like nokia, htc & more. Compared to iphone, nokia have been providing standard services to people with nominal price. So i hope, in near future we may see an price fall.

9. cobalt1

cobalt1 Member

na.. apple isnt goin to cut down prices any further .
    thought there might be a possibility of having a new smaller version of iPhone

10. zordani

zordani Active Member

I think it's going to happen, but I don't know when that'll happen. I'm not really looking forward to it, and remember that service plans would still be pretty expensive.