No service on my iphone 3g 2.1 version jailbroken...t-mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by alvarini, Oct 14, 2008.

1. alvarini

alvarini New Member

hi i have an iphone 3g that i bought online, and i am using it with tmobile, the first to days i worked fine. but when i went to work there ir a room in the building where you allways loss signal with any phone. the problem with my phone is that once it losses the signal it does not get it back. i have to turn it off and do a lot of things. last time it happend i had no service for 2 DAYS. can some one help me please? i dont know what to do..

i dont know if its because i am using it with t-mobile or the way the unlocked it for me. i heard that there is like 4 metods to unlock, mines is the one where they cut the chip. i dont know if it has something to do with the signal....

please if you know how can i fix it or any idea please let me know .. thanks

2. k3z6376

k3z6376 Member

I jailbroke my iphone once and not being funny but it does fuk ya phone up big time, it messed mine up i had to reboot it and sync it to restore it back to its orignal state.
    I dont know about u but i love my phone and last thing i want to do is ruin it as they are alot of money to replace.
    Im not sure unlocking it is good either but i would not mess with anything im not sure with as u now know u have problems.
    Sorry if im being very forward and honest but it would be a shame if u broke it.

3. joeknows

joeknows Active Member

Apple has also programmed a "killswitch" into its newer versions of firmware. This allows Apple to remotely disable a phone whenever they want. I am not sure if this is the case for you, but may be what happened.

If you want to jailbreak your phone, you may also want to find the hack that disables the killswitch.

Perhaps restoring your phone to a previous state through iTunes will get your signal back. Then, you could try to jailbreak it again, just be sure to disable the killswitch.

4. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

Well...

The same thing happened to mine, albeit in switzerland and after jailbreaking it, (by the way, thanks for that kill switch idea joe) and it kind of scared me cause its only a few weeks old, and i dont want to know what would happen if it stopped working... but what i did, was to download the original 2.2 firmware directly from apple (sorry i dont have the link) you then hook it up to itunes, then, while holding the option key, click restore. you then select said firmware from wherever it saved, and hit restore.

Hope this works for you :)

5. halogen19

halogen19 Active Member

Cut the chip? Which method is that? :confused:

You probably just messed up somewhere. Just restore your firmware back by downloading it off Apple's site, use iTunes and restore it. That would make your phone as good as new.

Always reupdate to original firmwares to see if anything like this happens. It always helps. :)

6. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

If there is a possible way to try to restore your phone,then try to restore the phone's state by erasing the entire contents of the phone,and reset it back to factory settings by using Itunes.If that cannot be done,then there is some serious issue with the phone.You need to see the solution through some stores