iPhone worst phone since the half-a-brick phones from 20yrs ago..

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by skinndogg1, Oct 13, 2008.

1. skinndogg1

skinndogg1 New Member

this phone is quite possibly the worst phone ever made, shortly after I purchased the Mighty iPhone, I began to see it's true colors, I know understand why the only commercial on tv is the one repetitively playing that shows all the cool games for iphone, mostly because that's all the phone can do. I got rid of my Pantech Duo for this p.o.s...let's start with the most basic of functions, no mms msging or video taking capabilities. WTF is this all about. In this day and age of cell phone sepremacy, the one thing we've crested to with technology in phones, something we all crave is in fact being able to take a video of a newborn baby in Massachusetts and sending it to grandma in California. Then as if that wasn't enough, basically if it isn't trademarked or sanctioned by apple. You ain't seeing it, hearing it, or using it without paying every red cent you earn. I can't even do something as simple as watching a streaming video that isnt trademarked by apple, i cant even watch cnn on the dump or using your phone while your talkin on it, my pantech, I could be talking to my wife while looking on mapquest to give her directions, I mean it's so basic. Then we have the ever popular, phone disconnect while your online if it gets stuck on a particular web site, which by the way is often. I even thought the history and cookies were jamming it up, so I cleared them up, the phone actually ran slower. Brilliant! I keep reading posts that maybe apple will get new updates or apps to get video on your phone or mms msging Ect... Dont hold yourbreathe. A:if they do it's gunna cost ya b:why should I have to pay for something that should be a basic feature, he'll I can get a 49.99 nokia that does more. It seems that apple is more concerned with how to empty your wallet than to make a quality product. DON'T BUY THE IPHONE!!!!!

2. dromero

dromero Member

wow. tell me how you really feel. ;) I had a blackberry curve. I gave it up to see what the hype what all about. I too agree that having no mms or cut and paste is just crazy. I'm going to stick it out as long as I can hoping that they will allow this in the near future. If not I am going back to blackberry.

3. k3z6376

k3z6376 Member

You can have mms you just have to download an app called flutter on ya phone, just change the persons number from 0 to +44 and it works fine i use it all the time.Sending a mms and a text is free of charge.

4. rafayj

rafayj Member

I am very satisfied with my phone, I am sorry to hear that your not satisfied with your iPhone. So far all my friends and family members who have bought it, are really happy with the phone and all its features.

5. slicknick

slicknick New Member

about the multitasking.... if you would have used this wonderful thing called google....you would realize that this is the best multitasking phone out there....the iphone is a power house....all you have to do to use a application like maps while on a phone call is to hit the home button and you will stay on the call and you can use maps......and you can use mms and video on a jailbroken phone.....both programs work flawlessly...also on a previously purchased phone all firmware updtaes are free...

6. icepricessa

icepricessa Active Member

Well, for a phone the iphone does seem to come short on the functions as a phone. I guess you'll only be happy with it if you just like the design of it and just like it... otherwise it's not necessarily the phone for most people who are not willing to compromise a little on this little wonder.. it looks pretty and does everything except the phone functions well.. but then again it's a pretty new product.. so it's more of less to be expected... after all the development that went into the iphone is not as long as those companies that specialize in handphones such as Nokia...

I still think it's a pretty good phone...

7. BadMnky

BadMnky New Member

I have to agree with skinndogg1, at least a little, I have the AT&T Tilt and I switch to the iPhone at the beginning of last week. I have since switched back as I find it ridiculous to buy apps so I can do things that are or have always been part of the windows mobile family. I use my Tilt for personal and business purposes, and I found that the iPhone has no business being in a work environment. for starters I had to get a special app so i could load PDFs and Excel documents on the phone (the only way seemed to be through Wi-Fi, what the hell is that about?)

I travel A LOT for work and while I was in Alaska I reached for my phone to take a video and oh look i can't..... then I needed a PDF from a website, but then I couldn't get it, let alone save it and then attach it to another email to send out.

Apple claims "enterprise" I think not, i couldn't sync my tasks........ among other things, the only apps out there that would actually sync with outlook required you to store your info on their server?????? yeah that will go over well with the IT guys (security? what's that?).

NO TETHERING?????? what is that about? now I would have to pay extra for a broadband card for my laptop....... I don't know what the deal is with the "iPhone data plan" same thing they did with the Blackberry. Sure they MAKE you have a data plan with the phone (other wise why get it?) but they could at least let you pick the plan. widows mobile comes with a built in program for tethering (USB or BT).

While I will admit that the things it does, it does pretty well and I'm a little sad to have given it up, but there is no reason that I should have pay for or violate my warranty for features that are basic in ever other PDA phone.

Also I forgot, if you play by the rules then you have to OWN an iTunes purchased song in order to make a ringtone, but then Apple gets to say if you can make it a ringtone or not. several songs I purchased from apple weren't able to be made into ringtones, what crap is that, I own the song who cares if I only listen to a 30sec clip or the whole thing....... but then getting around that was an easy and (as far as I know) legal solution (assuming you own the song).

When the day is over I have an 8GB microSDHC card in my Tilt and I have full access to everything on it. I can do what I want with it and even add more memory whenever I feel like it. I just ordered 2 16GB cards for it so I have tons of room for whatever and I can use the card as a thumb drive.

OH yeah and don't forget about the really crappy battery life you can't even go a whole day before needing to charge the phone, and that's not even heavy use (compared to my Tilt)

8. iLiam

iLiam Active Member

Its a decent app and its free to send texts and MMS... because the iPhone Doesnt have MMs as Standard. Ehich is ridiclous seen as i paid £400 for mine on pay as You Go

9. cogbuddy

cogbuddy Well-Known Member

one trouble that i had with iphone was that it lacked bluetooth. rest all is great and not sure why you didnt enjoy it

10. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this thread is posted without proper research and you are blaming a full functional iphone for nothing. Please search in google for research and know your phone, maybe the owners manual will help you even better.