ipod like feature

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by orange_street, Feb 7, 2007.

1. orange_street

orange_street Active Member

Does anyone know if the iPhone will work with car/home stereo systems as the normal iPods do? That is, will one be able to control and select tracks, albums, etc., from the steering wheel controls?

2. iUser

iUser Well-Known Member

I wouldn't see why not. The iPhone has to be built off of the same core as the iPods. Sure, the software and hardware may be a little different, as will the outputs, but in time there will most likely be all of the products out on the market currently for the iPod, but for the iPhone.

3. macphone

macphone Member

iPhone doesn't have the steering wheel controls

4. Sheen91

Sheen91 Active Member

Same, I think it might orange_street.

I heard it somewhere i can't quite remember:D

Ill look for it and post here if i find;)

Sheen91

5. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

I have to guess that the iPhone will have most of the features of the iPod. The main issue with getting features is getting them to work, so since Apple already has them working in the iPod, there's no reason not to add them to the iPhone. When I first heard of the iPhone, I figured it was just going to be a glorified iPod.

6. Kaizen

Kaizen Active Member

I am sure many of the features will be the same. Theoretically it only is an ipod that allows you to talk to other people.

7. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

It appears to me that it should as well, considering that it is just a glorified Ipod anyway. You know all they really did is change some features and add it to a phone, so I am not sure why it would not. But will have to do some research now just to make sure.