Any iCall Users Out There?

Discussion in 'Wireless Carriers & Plans' started by blue frog, Sep 23, 2008.

1. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

I have been waiting--and waiting--for iCall to move out of Beta and get its application put onto the App Store.

Has anyone in this forum used it yet? Please share your experience.

For those not familiar with iCall, it is an application that requires wi-fi and it will connect both incoming and outgoing phone calls without using up your cell plan minutes. They have a free version; that version provides you with a pool phone number to use for your calls.

My preference is their Pro version which, the last time I checked was a modest fee per month and it allowed you to use your own phone number for outgoing and incoming phone calls.

Why would anyone use it you ask? Well, if you have to work in the boonies (as I do) where there simply is NO AT&T coverage, this is the only way you can use your iPhone in such an area. The only alternative for me, which I have regularly done, is to buy a cheap pre-paid phone and use it and then throw it away.

2. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

I cannot believe that AT&T coverage shortage is there in America. I have used the icall for free sometime, but never bothered to use icall paid version, but this was long back.

3. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

How do you rate iCall?

Thanks for your response about having used the free version of iCall.

How did you like it? Would you use it again?