3rd party repair recommendations

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by farley2k, Sep 18, 2008.

1. farley2k

farley2k New Member

Short -

When you google "iphone repair" you get a lot of listings and I wondered if anyone here had experience with any place they would recommend.

Long -

I bought my first gen iPhone from a friend who bought a new 3g one. The phone is out of warranty so I expect Apple would charge me quite a lot to fix it. I have also unlocked/jailbroken it so I really don't want to send it to Apple.

The phone basically doesn't respond at all to being plugged in. I don't know if it is a dead battery or a bad connection. I have tried an original iPhone USB cable, and 3-4 I bought from Wal Mart which say they connect iPods and iPhones. Same result - which is nothing.

I can't even really re-flash the firmware to a virgin state or do anything with the phone because it doesn't connect.

Which means I am digging around for a reputable place to do the repair which leads me to asking around here. So has anyone sent their iPhone to one of these places? Good results? Places I should avoid?

Thanks for any input.

2. LauraLou

LauraLou New Member

I sent mine off to ipodjuice.com and they did a great job, can't even tell it was opened and it works great now. Check em out... here is their iphone repair page. Hope they can help you :)