Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by deboy, Sep 9, 2008.

1. deboy

deboy New Member

Hi all.
    First posting here,
    Just purchased an iphone and the battery seems to die very quickly,
    Any know what I should be getting on a full charge ?
    Thanks

2. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

dude... iPhone eats a lot of battery.. to save r battery... try removin any wallpapers set... or screensaver sort of thing, lol play less music.....

3. cobalt7

cobalt7 Well-Known Member

you will get a maximun of 4hrs talktime with an iphone on full charge

4. SpoiledAngel

SpoiledAngel Active Member

That's about what I get too is right around four hours of battery life when it is fully charged. I've never tried messing with my wallpaper and such to see if that has any effect so can't attest to how much that does or does not help.

5. cogbuddy

cogbuddy Well-Known Member

I accept that the battery life of iphone is really less compared to other mobile phones. but its just because of 3G and its great power consumption.

If you want some good facilities which needs network signal, it is obvious that battery would vanish quickly.

but its not a big problem.

6. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

You will find the same problem with smartphones from all different makes. Let's not forget that the battery is not very big otherwise the design of the phone would be much bigger.

7. cobalt1

cobalt1 Member

i am facing the same problem!... the battery life is pretty much poor! its like i have to charge it every night even though i dont play much music n dont use many applications!

8. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

I really do not think that we will see a major improvement even in future models. That is the one main drawback that I have against owning a smartphone such as the Iphone.

9. alicelas

alicelas Member

This is quite a common problem with smartphones, and the iPhone is even worse than most of its competitors. The simple fact is that the sort of stuff the iPhone does uses up a lot of battery.

There's not really much you can do about it. Put the charger near where you sit, and plug it in while you're not out and about.

10. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

also

If you're not using the internet often, just turn off 3G EDGE in the general>network settings, saves surprising amounts of battery, i can almost get 2 days out of it.