Connecting to the internet ... EDGE not visible

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by data2mind, Sep 7, 2008.

1. data2mind

data2mind New Member

I have seen all the posts for connecting to the Net. Going to Settigns > General > Networks I find that I have only options for VPN and WiFi. No EDGE.

I want to use the data access provided by my cellphone provider (Vodafone) here in India.

I can see the E icon from time to time at the top too but when I start the browser or Cydia I get the message that I am not subscribed to any data network, but I am.

My iPhone is unlocked and has 2.0.2 (5C1). I also have Cydia but this nor the Installer / iTunes works because they try to connect to the internet and cannot do so. I do not have WiFi :(

Can someone please help - how do I get EDGE working so I can connect to the net.

2. vikram

vikram New Member

I am facing the same problem with i phone upgraded to 2.02 ..seeking ur help & advice

3. tannyfiles

tannyfiles New Member

GPRS EDGE Settings for firmware 2.x.x and 2.1

For all those looking for a easier way to enable their GPRS/EDGE settings, on Firmware 2.x.x, or 2.1, visit this site on iPhones Safari.

w**.unlockit.co.nz/custom.php

It automatically changes your settings to accept GPRS, albeit it wont show up on ur setting page.

Tanny!!

4. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

i think this is a bug in 2,.2 version! try and upgrade to another firmware!

5. imac

imac New Member

Same problem here

Hi,
    Neither I can see the option to configure EDGE on my iphone. In "General" I see Cellular Data Network and there I can set my APN, username and Password. But I don't see an option to configure proxy settings etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

6. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

I am from Bhutan and I am just thinking of solving this as I want to use Vodafone internet through edge. Any help will be highly appreciated.

7. devan.gray

devan.gray New Member

since up my iphone 3.1.3 can not use edge data can someone help my unit is jailbroken