Iphone as remote?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by orange_street, Feb 7, 2007.

1. orange_street

orange_street Active Member

Hi. i am wondering: can I use the Iphone as a remote controler? for instance; when i'm sitting and browsing on my Iphone, searching the web for my favorite sites, can i switch to control my radio/tv or even pc? to change the mp3, radiostation, tv channel or movie i'm watching from my harddisk?
    and if so, how does it work. Does it need special written software? or is the onboard bluetooth software and hardware enough?

2. iUser

iUser Well-Known Member

3. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

4. TRON

TRON Well-Known Member

Wonderful question orange_street and and an even cooler link on that piece of info Alex!!! I'm holding out little hope for a remote that I'll be able to plug into my iPhone like I was able to do with the Treo 650. That being said, a "buy-on" like a remote will be welcomed. Being able to change the channel ANYWHERE is something I hope that the iPhone will be able to do!

5. Sheen91

Sheen91 Active Member

Ive heard that rumous too orange_street.:D

Really good question to ask to see what people has to say.:D

Bookmarked and will come back later to check up.

I think it is a universal Remote.

That will be crazy;)

Can't wait

Sheen91

6. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

When I first heard this rumor I thought it was ridiculous, but as time went on people have been saying that it might true more and more. It's an odd feature, but I guess it could come in handy. I hope it is easy to program to the TV, because I have had some of those universal remotes that would never work unless you spent a load of time trying to get it programmed to your TV.

7. syedwasi87

syedwasi87 Active Member

i heard about this rumor too, but now i think they must be having that feature as otherwise else..there is no reason to file a Patent for it!

but the feature would be truly awesome i feel..

8. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

wow, I am not surprised but honestly do not understand why you need one thing do so much. Thanks to technology people are more lazy than they have ever been in their lives and adding a remote control for your TV is going a bit to far don't ya think?

9. Jamson

Jamson Active Member

Why do you need more than 1 remote control to turn 1 thing on amazes me. Even nowadays i still walk up to the TV and turn it on, which is a good way to get a tiny bit of exercise. ;)

10. anomalight

anomalight Well-Known Member

So, now that it's released, I believe the simple answer is: no. There is no IR on the phone (at least as far as my findings have discovered).

-a