Safari differences from desktop version

Discussion in 'iPhone Development' started by rfresh, Aug 25, 2008.

1. rfresh

rfresh New Member

I have a web app that uses listboxes - when I run my web app on my windows PC using Safari 3.0.4 the list boxes are 'open' with 8 items showing in the list.

I just bought an iPhone 3G and when I use that Safari on this same website, the list boxes are shown as dropdown lists and when I touch one of them with my finger, it opens up but closes quickly and I can't make a selection.

Does anyone know why the list boxes on the iPhone Safari display as dropdowns? Is this a Safari verison difference from the one I use with my windows PC vs the Safari in iPhone?

2. rfresh

rfresh New Member

I've discovered that the iPhone Safari browser does not support SELECT objects other than dropdown. Lists will always be of a dropdown type. This is most likely to save space but it's a pain in butt because WE should be allowed to control this and in fact the SIZE attribute does just that - except Apple disabled it in Safari for the iPhone :(

3. knpmaster

knpmaster New Member

Some DIV tags arrangements also display a little different in the iPhone safari browser.