Deleting History

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by jman3715, Aug 21, 2008.

1. jman3715

jman3715 New Member

Let's just say (hypothetically) that you visited a site you may not be so proud of.

I deleted history but when I go back to the browser and type the first few letters in the address bar the old site shows up as an auto-complete option on the list.

I have cleared history, create a new page and X'd out the old one, rebooted the phone, but it just won't go away. I'm not talking about the google/yahoo bar but the address bar.

Any ideas how to clear out the auto complete history?

2. cowalsh

cowalsh New Member

go to settings and clear out cookies and cache

3. k3z6376

k3z6376 Member

You can clear cookies and cache but it will always go back to the last page u viewed.

4. rafayj

rafayj Member

Click on File then settings then clear history and you would have ur history deleted.

5. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

hey u need to delete the temp files, cookies, cache and history.. this will solve your problem!

6. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I have to agree that I have ran into the same problem. Not because I went to a place, but what I was looking for was not where I ended up. I had to make sure that all items were cleaned out of history, temp files and the cache in order to make sure that it was removed and it seemed to work for me.

7. ceprateek

ceprateek Active Member

Sometimes a random clean up process could land you in big trouble. My phone started hanging when I did the same. After much research I figured that deleting cache before History could leave no actual space for .tmp files in history and while deleting the History the phone hangs up because of a virtual deadlock.

8. cobalt7

cobalt7 Well-Known Member

you need to delete everything from your internet settings,the cache,the history,the last viewed page,everything.
    only then will it not the page which you hypothetically dont want to be shown :p