Protective Screen Covers...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by orange_street, Feb 7, 2007.

1. orange_street

orange_street Active Member

I know the iphone screens a really protected but still not everything is perfect and hence if theres something like another screen cover it would make the iphone screens more protective and unscratchable. even if any scratch occurs it will be only on the protective phone cover that is applied.

since the screen is touch sensitive, this would perhaps help

express your views!?

thanks

2. iUser

iUser Well-Known Member

I would love a cover for the screen just as long as it didn't increase the latency of the touch screen.

3. aZooZa

aZooZa Member

Commercial screen protectors really don't affect latency. The problem I think with the iPhone will be that any protector is likely to affect the cosmetic qualities as there doesn't appear to be any separate touch screen -- it looks like it's like the iPod -- one flat surface all over, which gives no 'well' in which to insert a protector. Thus the thing will have to 'hang' on the top. Or does anyone know different? I'm only going by what I read and see at the Apple site about a yet unreleased product.

Maybe 'cling film' sales will be on the rise soon.

4. iruldaworld

iruldaworld Member

You can't let your iPhone screen get damaged. So a screen cover is an essential accessory. Without a screen cover you will let the beautiful screen of your iPhone get damaged . Then it will be prone to scratches and dust.

5. TRON

TRON Well-Known Member

Palm has a "one size fits all Palms" that's big enough to fit a Tungsten and a LifeDrive. Since I still have a lot of those I'll use those up first since they cost a bit, being a clear sticker and all. I'd like to see some nice clear hard cases though.

6. Kaizen

Kaizen Active Member

I would like a screen to .. but i was wondering if the screen would interfere with the touch interface of the phone?

7. Sheen91

Sheen91 Active Member

That's very true, a screen protector for the iPhone is necessary as you can really damage your iPhone because its touch sensative.:D

However I would have to disagree about the 'cling film' :p cause i dont think that will help at all. In Australia we call it 'Cling Wrap' BTW :)

8. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think that a protective screen cover is always a good idea on any of these type of pieces of equipment. The more protection it has the longer it will last.

9. Kia06

Kia06 Active Member

Before I even get my iphone , I will be looking out for a screen protector. Cant be to safe when it comes to nice LCD screens.

10. chriss

chriss New Member