Bluetooth trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by lcneves, Aug 5, 2008.

1. lcneves

lcneves New Member

Hi, I have a 2G iphone that always worked just fine, I've upgraded it to the 2.0 firmware and everything is OK except for the bluetooth connection with my car, after the upgrade I can pair both devices as usual but I can't see my contact list on my car nor can I make a call directly from the car (I have to star the call from the Iphone), can someone help me? is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks

2. Cracker

Cracker Member

This is the way I think its going to be with the new SW. I would love to hear there is a fix for this. This is the mail reason I broke my contract with my previous provider. My old provider broke this feature on purpose and I hated it. You can imagine my surprise when my 200 iPhone with AT&T did the same thing.

3. iLiam

iLiam Active Member

Is Your status on your iPhone Bluetooth visible.

4. Cracker

Cracker Member

Sorry - but I don't understand.. Are you saying can I see the Bluetooth icon in the upper right hand corner then yes. It connects as a speakerphone..

5. typethree

typethree New Member

Cool write up that many people will find useful!

6. Proco2020

Proco2020 Active Member

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd reopen this one, I hope that's OK with the Mods?

I'm the new owner of a 3G S 16GB and I want to pair my phone with a Nokia Bluetooth Stereo headphones but my iPhone (and iPod touch) can't see the device or any other device (a Nokia 6300) but the Nokia can see the iPhone (I hope I've not lost you?)

My question is what am I doing wrong with my two Apple devices? Bluetooth is obviously working as my Nokia can see my iPhone but not the other way round or the stereo headset that I really want to pair with the iPhone.

Your help would be appreciated as I have turned Bluetooth off and on and also rebooted the phone but it's still searching but not finding anything.

7. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Cars & Electrical Systems = Guaranteed Problems

The 2.0 firmware update from Apple for the iPhone drove me nuts because it was so buggy. Then, it became more and more stable as the update beyond 2.0 came out. Now, the 3.0 update is showing a few behavior issues. Hopefully, those will get ironed out sooner rather than later.

Now, separately, speaking about cars and their electrical systems/options, I am decidedly negative about any car manufacturer ever getting it right when it comes to (a) building a sophisticated electronic option into their car, (b) providing useful and TROUBLE-FREE upgrades to same and finally--and perhaps most important of all, (c) NONE of them will ever stand behind their pricey electronic options and do substantial troubleshooting to resolve the inevitable issue that arise.

So, you may ask, "What am I to do, because I really, really want those options quite badly." I'm afraid that your only workable option is to buy a product that offers that desired feature set as a stand-alone product. That way, the complications will probably be much more manageable in the long run.

8. Proco2020

Proco2020 Active Member

I now have occasional BT on my headset, when I finally get it connected it's great but it's a struggle for it to recognise the headset.

Must be an easy way e.g. BT turned on, turn device on, they pair! end of process.

What happens is that I turn on BT, turn on device, turn of BT, turn on BT, turn off device, turn on device, turn of BT etc etc etc until eventually the iPhone sees the headset.

9. khongyeuai19

khongyeuai19 New Member

I have a question too. After go back install and it's for me one problem. Help me. thanks

10. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

Hi khong
    elaborate ur issue pls
    thnx