Upgrading to firmware 2.0

Discussion in 'iPhone 2G' started by rlmadia, Aug 4, 2008.

1. rlmadia

rlmadia Member

hello, I have asked a few questions about the iphone, I am a newbee. My question is if I purchase a first generation phone and want to upgrade the firmware to 2.0 what is the cost or is there a fee? I would be purchasing a phone the is locked and not jailbroken. I don't want to run the risk of all the "Bricking" people are talking about
    thanks for any help

2. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

It's free, install the latest version of iTunes and then

3. rlmadia

rlmadia Member

don't laugh, but what is iphonewiki? Just to make sure, I can upgrade to 2.0 and not have the phone jailbroken or unlocked right? I just don't want the headaches as I see on some of the threads.

4. Speekle

Speekle Member

No, your phone does not have to be jailbroken in order to upgrade to 2.0. Just install the latest version of itunes which is 7.7 from Apple - iTunes - iTunes Overview. After the install connect your phone to your computer. iTunes will detect your phone and will let you know that there is a new version available and will ask you if you want to upgrade. iTunes will do the rest.

5. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

can u upgrade to 2.0 if your phone is jailbroken? i am currently on version 1.1.4 and was wondering if I can upgrade to 2.0. Thanks

6. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

You already upgrade to 2.0 I guess (bcoz u mentioned the same in your previous posts)