SMS via Internet

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Raptor1956, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Raptor1956

Raptor1956 New Member

I wonder if anyone knows of a good and prefferably free service that would permit me to send an SMS message to a friends/co-workers cell phone. I think most of the time it would be to one number at a time but it would be nice to be able to send the same message to a group as well.

Also, if this is being done how do we avoid be SMS-spammed?

Brian

2. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

3. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

I do use a few websites from which i can see free SMS messages but it does depend on the country to which you would like to send SMS messages. Please give me that information and I can suggest a site to you.

4. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

I think there is no better free sms service in anyother country than in India. When i was there last time, i could see so many genuine sites. Please let us know which country, you want to send, we will help you.

5. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Well many cell phone carriers have text messaging from their website. Such as verizon wireless and cricket wireless for sure. I believe I have also sent messages at t-mobile website.

6. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

Previously even the erstwhile Hutch of India too had free sms service from their website, but then it was stopped and then the company was also taken over by vodafone.