sync Outlook calendar

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Sheana, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Sheana

Sheana New Member

When a meeting is initially entered in Outlook, it syncs onto my iPhone. BUT when a meeting is initially entered on my iPhone, it does NOT sync to Outlook. Anyone have any ideas why not?

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Are You A Mobile Me Member?

If I have the correct info, Apple's Mobile Me service ($99/year) will automatically synch whatever is on your iPhone with your designated laptop as well as your designated desktop. If your initial directive was for your iPhone to synch with Outlook, then your contact and other info was transferred from Outlook to your iPhone. Beyond that, I'm afraid I cannot offer any further insight.

3. Sheana

Sheana New Member

sync outlook calendar

Thanks Blue Frog! I didn't think I needed Mobile Me to sync my iPhone with Outlook. When I initially bought the iPhone, I had no difficulty transferring my calendar and contacts from Outlook to my iPhone through iTunes sync. However, I prefer to enter new stuff on my iPhone and then use Outlook to back it up. My problem is that when I sync using iTunes, new meetings do not sync into Outlook. I don't use Outlook for email.

4. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

I synched my contact info from Yahoo

I have never used Outlook myself for email, either. But the good news is that it does not matter. Rather than pulling disparate pieces of info from several sources, Mobile Me is going to quietly revolutionize our computer and iPhone experiences.

While Yahoo has been my web-based email for a long time (free, unlimited storage of all of my email files--believe me, that has saved me many times in business as I provided documentation that I otherwise would not have had.) but if the extraordinary value being added by Mobile Me is as good as I think it will be, it will be hard for any alternative to offer as strong a value as Mobile Me.

Good luck with your synching issues. Let me know how it works out!