iPhone update not working!

Discussion in 'iPhone 2G' started by berthabergamot, Jul 15, 2008.

1. berthabergamot

berthabergamot New Member

I'm trying to upgrade my version 1.1.3 iphone with the version 2.0 update but stops when connecting to the apple server stating that I do not have a network connection when I do actually have one running. It then states that I have to open up outlook to use as my default email, when I have been using yahoomail as my default account. Please help, is there something I am forgetting???

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Are you on a Windows PC?

I also had a problem with the software update. I went to the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store (go online first to set the appointment) and when they saw that I have been synching my iPhone to a Windows PC they observed until it got hung up.

Prior to attempting to update my iPhone software, I updated my iTunes software to 7.7 version.

When we (the Genius and I) attempted to run the update after getting iTunes up and running, it locked up. The Apple Genius told me that their only real option, when this occurs, is to (a) uninstall iTunes from your PC and then (b) do a fresh install of iTunes onto your PC.

I was doubtful but once this had been done, my iPhone update went flawlessly.

Of course, if you are on an Apple desktop or laptop, this would not apply to your situation.

If you are still stuck, please consider setting an appointment for the Genius Bar at your local Apple store--they are really good--and their solutions (unless you're looking at a physically broken product) are free.