iPhone vs. iPod touch? + Other

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by Robster, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Robster

Robster New Member

Hey everyone,

Im a guy from Sweden that is very interested in the iPhone and the iPod touch, both great looking devices with good prices.
    The launching of the 3G iPhone in Sweden will be very expensive, with the contracts and the phone price i think. Wich one do you think
    i should get - 8/16GB iPhone or iPod touch? Reply with pros and cons if you'd like :)

And i got these questions for you guys.
    I have seen that, both the iPhone and iPod touch, is so much
    cheaper in Europe (UK, Germany etc.)
    Im wondering, do any of you know a good internet-"store" that sells the iPhone (older version) or the iPod touch for a good price?
    Preferally a store/website that is proven good.

regards,
    Robert.

2. Viecco

Viecco Member

i live in colombia men (yeah believe it) and i just had the 2g iphone and im crazy about it i think it wont b the same with an itouch i reccomend the iphone 16g but any way is your choice

3. icepricessa

icepricessa Active Member

Basically the iphone is well, as it name implies, the phone version of the itouch: the only difference is that you can text and make phone calls etc... Other than that they are not much of a difference. Of course, an iphone comes with a contract and that would be more expensive in the long run. While the itouch on the other hand, is more like a one time price, not inclusive of the apps or games you might purchase, which may be cheaper than the iphone.

I guess it would depend on what are your needs. If you are looking for a just something you can play music, watch videos, basically a pda like device that cannot make phone calles than the itouch is for you.

If you can live with the function of not being able to forwards smses, copy/paste text, not being able to add your own ringtones, basically a no-frills phone (as cmpared to what already is available out there). And simply want something that looks cool... than the iphone.

4. joeknows

joeknows Active Member

I am an owner of an iPod touch and I will say it is one of the better purchases I have made in a long time. I was not willing to get an iPhone yet, due to the fact that my contract with Verizon is not up for 18 months or so, and I was not sure how good the iPhone was. Also, there are so many wifi hotspots now a days that you can hop onto a network in many places. I also decided to get an iPod touch to test the waters for the iPhone. I am very pleased. Internet works great although it is slower then a computer but still the best I have seen on a portable device. The apps for it are awesome. It is actually faster to load up email, check stocks, look at the weather than it is on the PC. The touch screen works great, even if it can be a little dicey when typing in the standard horizontal mode.

You really can not go wrong with the iPod Touch. I will probably get an iPhone touch once my contract is up.

5. dreamr802

dreamr802 Well-Known Member

I would love to own an ipod touch. I really need to save up some of my money so then I can get one for myself and for my boyfriend. I would love an iphone but I don't have the service, but the ipod touch would be great.