No Service Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by Beeobee, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Beeobee

Beeobee Member

ok.. I always get this no service thing at the top of my screen on my iphone and this is how it always comes up and i have no idea what is going on.. the unlock or hack i put on my iphone might have done this to it but i dont kno.. it always starts like i can send text messages for a little while but after a while when my service goes down a little (like from 2 to 3 bars) i still try to send a message and it goes about 3/4 the way and then says error sending message.. then it say "no service" and then after a while all my bars will come back.. but i still cant send messages unless someone sends me a messages and i hurry up and send my message before the other message gets to me.. then after a while the whole process starts again.. if anyone can help me with this please help.. it gets very aggravating.. it might be the hack i put on my iphone to unlock it.. i dont kno...

Thanks for any help..
    :confused:

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Call me chicken but I will not unlock my iPhone

I would dearly love to be able to float amongst alternative carriers as the need or whim strikes me (I have AT&T and a locked iPhone) and to explore third party software.

BUT, when the inevitable hardware/software issue arises, if I have unlocked my iPhone I cannot consult with either the folks at AT&T (my carrier in the USA) or with those who staff the Genius Bar at my local Apple store. By the way, I have been in to use the services of the Genius Bar several times and I have nothing but good things to say about the quality of service there. This should be your first stop if you have a locked (using AT&T in the USA) iPhone and you experience inscrutable behavior with your iPhone.

Now that the 2.0 software and the Applcations Store are soon going to debut on all of our iPhones, I think there may be less reason to reflexively think about how to jailbreak an iPhone.

I would be interested in a discussion by those who have unlocked their iPhones of what their perceived benefits are and what that experience has been like.

3. Beeobee

Beeobee Member

i see what u mean

i see where ur coming from with not unlocking ur iphone..
    i unlocked mine and their is a couple of problems
    i was planning on buying mine from at&t but their was alot of packages they were wanting me to buy with it and i didnt want all that.. i jus wanted the iphone i think it is a little different now because i got my iphone when they first came out i took a chance on unlocking it and it aint to shabby for an unlocked iphone :D