Pleased with Blue Ant Z-9 Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blue frog, Jun 28, 2008.

1. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

I've been using the Z-9 Bluetooth Headset by Blue Ant. The sound quality is excellent; I also like like it has a noise-cancelling option (just click the multi function button) that realy helps in noisy environments.Prior to buying my iPhone and the Z-9, I had used another Bluetooth headset that had a wimpy battery life; I ended up tossing it out.

I originally gave consideration to the headset sold by Apple with the iPhone but after checking the reviews, I saw that it had some problems and was difficult to adjust. Some reviewers claimed that it broke while they were trying to adjust for their preferences.

Since I drive a lot and work on my computer and with hard copy documents, having my hands free is the way I prefer to be.

Do any others use their bluetooth headsets a lot or do you just use it once in a while?

2. Mr Apple

Mr Apple Member

i cant remember how to pair my blueant x3 headset. i have downloaded the manual today so when i get home tonight I will pair it and try it out and let you know. Actually does anyone know if you can pair the x3 with the iphone?

I find that the speaker is loud and clear

3. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Voice Isolation Comes In Handy

I do not know if your model also has their Voice Isolation Technology (VIT) but I have used that feature on my Z-9 and it works great. Basically, their VIT allows you to speak in a noisy area (like a nightclub) and carry on a somewhat normal conversation.

I'll look forward to hearing about your X3 experience.

4. Mr Apple

Mr Apple Member

I paired the x3 to my iphone last night. It seemed to be ok, the 2 people I called were driving and had me on speaker from their Nokias. I could hear them ok, although they said that I sounded a little faint and hard to hear at times.

I used the same x3 with my XDA mini and it was fine, well no one complained so im guessing it was fine!!

Question:
    When I had my XDA you could download some software ( I think it was called Voice Command or something like that) and when someone was calling you it would either say the number they are calling from (if its not blocked) to the name in your address book. Does anyone know if you can get this type of software for the iphone?

thanks
    Sam