Can the new Iphone be my home computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by skisinair, Jun 19, 2008.

1. skisinair

skisinair New Member

I've never owned an Iphone. I was wondering if I will be able to use the new Iphone as my new home computer, and get rid of my DSL connection. At home, I am only online for about 20 minutes a day. Generally, I read and forward email jokes, some with pictures and movies in them, and do a little picture surfing on the net. Also, sometimes I use the net to shop on Craigslist or through google searches. What do you think? Thanks.

2. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

I guess you can use iphone for your internet purpose, however you can do one thing, you can buy an iphone, see that you can manage your work with iphone or not, if you think you can then no issues in get rid of your DSL.

3. Newkid321

Newkid321 New Member

I think if you only use it for twenty minutes a day y did you even get the iPhone. Isn't that like a east of ur money?¿?

4. intelliot

intelliot Member

It'll be interesting if the iPhone 3G can be used as a "modem" for your laptop. Maybe some 3rd party developers will need to set this up. It can definitely be done today on the old iPhone (I've done it), but at EDGE speeds, it's not very pleasant.

5. lowrydanny

lowrydanny Member

You can use the 3G as a modem. I've seen it set up like that but would have no idea how to do it myself.

If all you're doing is twenty minutes of surfing a day, all you would need is the phone itself, though I personally would want to have an actual computer.