IPhone II – The device that users really waited for

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by lartzi, Jun 12, 2008.

1. lartzi

lartzi New Member

2. stingy1one

stingy1one Member

are the people with the old iPhone going to be able to have all the new features? And which features are we going to have?

3. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

There is old iphone and new iphone, only matters is the version of software it is having. so if your iphone have latest software it means your phone is having all new features.
    the latest software avaible at this moment is 1.1.4

Go to settings --> General --> about --> you can find here the version of your iphone.

4. stingy1one

stingy1one Member

so? Should I get the new iPhone 2 or stick with my 16 gb iPhone 1? Wht do u recommend? Just curious about what everyones opinion is?? Please wb anyone.. Because in my opinion the new iPhone 2 just looks like a nice downgrade with just faster Internet.. For people tht were to cheap to get this iPhone... LOL WB if u please...

5. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

You are right, you can stick with 16GB iPhone at this moment.

6. iFone

iFone New Member

the iPhone 3G is lacking a lot of native support. No MMS, no Stereo Bluetooth A2DP, No Video Recording, etc. What the Hell???

I just don't understand how they can hype the media capabilities and not have those key features other brands have implemented.

Not sure if I'll be upgrading or not.

7. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

i also heard that the IPhone 2.0 wifi is not as strong as the current ones. So if you use wifi more then edge theres no reason to upgrade.

8. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

3G iPhone vs my 16GB 2G iPhone

I cannot justify the higher cost of the rate plan for the addition of 3G speed and GPS alone.

My current iPhone meets most of my business needs very well. With my current 2G iPhone, I am paying at a lower rate with my carrier (AT&T) than I would if I went with the "upgrade" to the 3G iPhone. At this point, my choice to upgrade would not deliver any appreciable improvement in value to me but it would serve to enhance the profitability of AT&T.

If the higher speed performance and the GPS are not necessary for your needs, I suggest that anyone sitting on the fence choose to buy a 2G iPhone prior to their being discontinued (probably once the 3G iPhone starts being sold). After all, once the 2.0 iPhone software upgrade happens, we will all have equal access to the same library of applications. The one uncertainty here is that there just may be a new killer app that requires either the higher speed of 3G or the GPS capability. For now, I am happy to continue living with my 2G iPhone.