Installing Themes and other stuff

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by raoulandrews, Jun 12, 2008.

1. raoulandrews

raoulandrews New Member

Hi,

Am on the verge of buying a Iphone( Am In India so naturally its from the grey market and unlocked).

I have been going thru the net and noticed that first I need to jailbreak it, so I downloaded the software.

Now after this I am confused, whereever I have read it is mentioned that I must go thru a wifi network and go to the jailbreak url and download and install the file from there - I do not have any wifi access so how do I do this?

Now I also want to download themes - I have noticed eveyone likes Summerboard themes, but is summerboard compatible with firmware 1.1.4?

Can some one give me a step by step help for the following :

1.Jailbreak
    2.Installing summerboard themes in 1.1.4
    3.Copying movies and songs as well.
    4.and finally what is this thing about using Itunes older version?

help Im totally confused.

2. aly2026

aly2026 New Member

Hi chances are that when you get your phone if it's already unlocked it will probably be jailboken as well as most people who unlock iphones do 3 things Activate, jailbreak and unlock all at the same time, one way of checking to see if it's jailbroken is if it has a program called "installer" on it you should be able to see the icon on the home screen,if it has that's good, you can install 3rd party apps with that. For now I'll leave it at that as you haven't even got the phone yet or it gets a bit confusing. Repost once you actually have the phone and you can go from there. Hope this helps

3. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

Hai Rao, since you are India, you can call me on my number - 09948494899, I can guide you on how to
    1.Jailbreak
    2.Installing summerboard themes in 1.1.4
    3.Copying movies and songs as well.
    4.and finally what is this thing about using Itunes older version?