My Camera does not save pictures

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by princessviara, Jun 9, 2008.

1. princessviara

princessviara New Member

Hello everyone, I am happy to be part of the iphone community:)

I also have a request for help to all of you...

The Camera Roll of my iphone does not save pictures when I shoot. All I can see is empty boxes instead of pictures.The other thing I noticed is that I don't see Apple phone as part of the Devices with Removable Storage under My Computer on my lap top anymore since the problem with the camera appeared.

Any suggestions?!

Please HELP!!!

2. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

I am sure two problems are not dependent on each other.
    both have defferent reasons to occur.
    Fine for the fist issue to resolve,
    1. Restart your iPhone
    2. uninstall any third party applications related to camera/movie
    3. Restart it again and see if that is resolved.

For the second problem,
    I have a quick question for you, is your itunes can identify your iphone or not?
    if it is identified then there is no issues, if not we have to digg little more to understand the issue.

3. princessviara

princessviara New Member

Thank you very much. That confirms my idea, because I also thought I have to reset the iPhone. My problem is that I am from Bulgaria my phone is purchased from US and decoded. I am afraid that if I reset it I will not be able to decode the phone afterwards, if you understand what I mean. Do you have any idea what should I do in that situation?

About the second problem, yes, my itunes recognizes the iPhone.So that means I don't have a problem as you've said.

Once again thank you!

4. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

Hi Prince,
    You no need to reset your iPhone, I asked you to just restart(turn off and then turn back on) it.

If you reset your iphone you can decode it, it is not a problem at all.
    Is your iPhone is unlocked/jailbreaked?
    If so uninstall all third party camera/movies related softwares from iPhone and then restart(turn off and turn on) the iphone.

coming to the second issue, your iTunes is recognizing your iPhone, so you do not have any issues.

5. princessviara

princessviara New Member

I already restarted it many times without any success.

6. princessviara

princessviara New Member

I will try what you have suggested....thanks:)

7. ziv j

ziv j New Member

2 ways 2 solved the problem og the pic does not saved in iphone

've found a solution to the problem. This might actually be a solution to hundreds of problems with the iPhone. Apparently there are "system" files that get backed up to the computer -- including SMS discussion history, notes, wireless network history, and other information. When the iPhone is restored from one of these backups, it is possible to have corrupted system files restored along with the problems they create.

METHOD #1 -- LEAST DESTRUCTIVE
    1. Synchronize iPhone. This also creates a backup of the notes and other items that don't get synchronized anywhere else.
    2. Go to Settings, General, Erase All Content and Settings
    3. Once complete, connect the phone and synchronize with iTunes
    4. Choose to restore from the recent backup to recover your notes, SMS history, and iPhone settings as well as data that is normally synchronized. Your problems may be gone.

METHOD #2 -- YOU WILL LOSE NOTES, SMS HISTORY, AND OTHER SETTINGS
    If the first method didn't work, try this procedure.
    1. Synchronize iPhone. This also creates a backup of the notes and other items that don't get synchronized anywhere else.
    2. Go to Settings, General, Erase All Content and Settings
    3. Once complete, connect the phone and synchronize with iTunes
    4. Choose NOT to restore from the recent backup. As you continue, you will lose notes, SMS history, and iPhone settings as well as data that is normally synchronized. However, corrupted system files (such as the internal camera roll files) will be replaced with fresh non-corrupted versions and everything should work.

Method #2 above worked for me. I needed to re-assign personalized ring tones, enter Wireless network passwords again, setup my wallpaper, and do a few other things, but at least the iPhone camera was working again!

It seems that Method #2 (phone reset and loose all settings) is the best way to resolve issues with corrupted system files.