Rogue wallpaper.... Viours?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by gudacheezz, Jun 6, 2008.

1. gudacheezz

gudacheezz New Member

I've been hacked since 1.0.1.
    Now on 1.1.4.
    Down loaded a customize theme "nude women" worked fine. Then installer updated witch changed it's icon to stock. I reinstalled "nude women" that's when this wall paper showed up. Can not change, delete, It actually showed up in the stock wallpaper list at 1 point. I ran restore threw itunes at witch time the phone locked up & directed me to apple.com. I ran Ziphone's restore then itunes restore again, (both twice now) & I still have this Rogue wall paper. Between the first & second attempt @ restore. I attempted to reinstall installer/customize & all my prefs. Could not get any themes & many apps to work.Now I'm not hacked but the wallpaper is still there. I really want it gone HELP!!!

2. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

Install summerboard and you can change wallpaper from there.
    I guess you are aware of summerboard, if not let me know.

3. gudacheezz

gudacheezz New Member

Tried that. I can't change this wallpaper & I never installed it. Not only do I have this unwanted wallpaper, Installer, customize & summer board would not work correctly. I think there maybe some problem threw itunes. Like itunes knew the phone had been hacked & it locked that wallpaper. I really have no idea. There is no easy fix. I'm pretty good @ hacking the iphone (payed $600, I've had it hacked since then, since before the rebate) I fear there is more than just wallpaper in there. Maybe I need to restore with no settings some how?

4. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

Hai Brother,
    I understood your frustation. I am pretty sure there is a solution for this.

Fine, iTunes will take a back up of your iphone eachtime you connect it. Once you conncet the iphone after restore/update to the later version, iTunes will restore the backup file into your iphone, so that you wont lose your recents, notes, bookmarks, ringtone and other settings and as well your wallpaper .
    Taking backup is really a wonderfull option that iTunes providing to get all the previous stuff back to the iphone.

Fine, you can do one thing my brother,

1. Remove iTunes backup file from your machine
    2. Restore your iphone to the current version/later version.
    3. Conncet your iPhone to iTunes and Sync

I am sure it will resolve your issue.

If you are good at technical, I have another solution for you.
    Install SSH on your iphone, ping your iPhone with your computer.
    narrowdown to the wallpapers folder in the iphone from your computer, and then you can delete the nasty wallpaper.

If you do not understand any of the above solution plz ping me back, I can explain you indetail.

5. gudacheezz

gudacheezz New Member

How do I find the back up. Tryed uninstilling itunes. Didnt work. Still got those dam legs.