A few quick questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by coyoteguy, Jun 3, 2008.

1. coyoteguy

coyoteguy New Member

Ok, I have the ipod touch, but I am thinking about buying the iphone. I have a few questions that maybe you guys can help me with.

First off, the one I may buy is unlocked. The way I understand it, all I have to do is put in my sim card and it's ready. It that true?

Second, since it's unlocked and such, would it be easy to put songs onto the iphone through itunes? I am worried that it won't work b/c it's not officially activated through AT&T.

Third, the ipod touch has free wifi. Since the phone is unlocked, can you still access wifi for free or would it charge you through your phone carrier, such as AT&T?

Thanks guys

2. afazel

afazel Member

As for your first two questions, I'm not sure about. Your last question, though, I can answer. Wi-Fi is not provided through your cell phone carrier. This means that you will be able to use unlimited Wi-Fi depending on your location. For example, if you go to a place that advertises free Wi-Fi, then you will not be charged for it. However, if you go to a place such as McDonald's where there is a fee to use Wi-Fi you will have to sign up for an account with them and pay that account.

Does that answer that part of your question well enough?