I think there is a virus

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by hitendra.shanker, Jun 2, 2008.

1. hitendra.shanker

hitendra.shanker New Member

There is a pop-up on my iphone which is emerging intermittently. Can someone suggest if this is some kinda virus and if yes, then how to remove it? the content of the pop-up is:

THIS ACCESSORY IS NOT MADE TO WORK WITH IPHONE.
    WOULD YOU LIKE TO TURN ON AIRPLANE MODE TO REDUCE AUDIO INTERFERENCE? U WILL NOT BE ABLE T O MAKE OR RECEIVE CALLS. YES OR NO.

please note that this pop-up does not shoot up only when i am using some application. it pops up at its own will.

2. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

This is not a virul at all.

ummm, I guess you have to clean your headset connceter and if I am not wrong you will get the same message when you conncet your phone to computer! Just let me clarify it.

3. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

hey.. sometimes sum carbom or dirt gets ollected in the connectors... simply wipe it off with a soft cloth... and reconnect..

4. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Yes you simply need to clean it and then try again. This is simply an issue with the accessory you are using and not a problem with the iphone or any virus. What is it that you are trying to do or have you done in the past around the time you started noticing this problem.

5. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Similar Message with iHome Clock Radio

I purchased the iP99 iHome Clock Radio. Often, when I dock my iPhone (on top of the radio) I get that message on my iPhone, too.

6. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

I have never had a virus yet on any of my phones (knock on wood). I have seen that error message a number of times. I normally simply switch of my Iphone and switch it back on and the message will have disappeared.

7. princee18

princee18 Well-Known Member

This is not a virus, some people even have problems where it does not ask and turns the phone to airplane mode.

8. vlada

vlada Member

Sorry but there are sometimes viruses in the phones also. The best thing to protect your phone is to use Kaspersky antivirus software for the phones. It is absolutely effective.

9. (v)atrex24

(v)atrex24 Member

I have a FM transmeter for my Iphone in my truck and it has the same pop up when ever I connect it, so I agree that the connection area must be dirty.

10. cogbuddy

cogbuddy Well-Known Member

Using an antivirus like kaspersky which is so powerful will slower the performance of iphones right? Because this antivirus functions so well and may need much of the phone resources? is there any other light weight anti virus for iphones?