Contacts and SMS-help please

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by madona33, Apr 16, 2008.

1. madona33

madona33 Member

Hi Everyone,:)

i`ve got the iphone 16Gb and I would like to know how to transfer my contacts from the Sim (it was in other Mobile) to the iPhone. is there any option to copy the contacts from the sim to the iphone? (like with any other mobile).:confused::confused::confused::mad::mad:

and why i can not insert pictures or music with the sms`s I want to send?!!! (again like with any other mobile).:mad::mad::mad::confused::confused:

Any help please?.

Thanks a lot

Madona

2. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

There is a third party application to copy all your contacts into your iphone.
    Is your iphone Jailbreaked?
    and you canot send music, or pictures with SMS thru iphone. This option is not yet available.

3. madona33

madona33 Member

Hi bangarunaidu,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

yes, my iphone is jailbreaked (1.1.1.4). which app. do I need and where can I get it from? (I have a windows Pc)

Thanks a lot

Madona

4. edwingt

edwingt New Member

You have two options:
    1. First import your contacts to your pc
    To do this, you have to import your contacts to your PC first, in Win you can use a utility called DataPilot, which syncs your current "old-fashioned" phone (it support over 650 models) with your computer (google it, and you'll find it in a few seconds). Then you can use Yahoo Address Book, Windows Address Book or Microsoft Outlook to sync your iPhone.

2. Import directly to your iPhone
    You can find how to do it here
    Import contacts from your SIM to iPhone (finally!!) | iLikeMyiPhone.com
    or here
    iPhone blog » SIMport - Import contacts from a SIM card into iPhone’s address book

5. bangarunaidu

6. bangarunaidu

I wanted to describe again the above mentioned steps for you,

1. Tap installer on your springboard( Springboard is nothing but the homescreen that you see on iphone, when you tap installer, installer will open)
    2. Tap Sources ( You will find all sources that you are added, at the top of the screen you will fine two tabs 1. Refresh 2. Edit)
    3. Tap Edit
    4. Observe that Refresh button now will turn into Add
    5. Tap Add ( Now a window named Add source) will open
    6. Enter the source you want to add, that is http:// installer. iclarified .com ( dont use spaces just to show you clearly, I have given spaces in there.
    7. Tap OK
    8. Tap Done.
    9. Tap Install --> Now you can see Iclarified in the list.

7. bangarunaidu

8. madona33

madona33 Member

Thank you all veeeeeery much. It saved me hours to put my contactes to my iphone (141).

Thanks again

Madona

9. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

I can well appreciate your time savings, I fortunately had most of my 1,500 contacts synched from Yahoo when I set up my iPhone.

If you're not yet a customer of Mobile Me, you may want to consider it. Any contact or calendar info entered into your iPhone will automatically be updated/synched to your laptop and desktop computers. Personally, I think it is well worth the $99/year for Mobile Me.

I'm glad that you were able to resolve your issue on getting your contacts swiftly into your new iPhone. Stay in touch, let us know how you are doing.

10. kentuckymelody

kentuckymelody New Member

Hi! Just got my iphone3G today and I have my entire address book off my Instinct on Yahoo. So how do I sync those contacts to my iphone? I'm not tech-savvy at all, so please be as specific (even if it seems unnecessary/stupid to you) as possible or I'll get lost, I just know it! :)

Thanks!