Non contract iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by PT_FTO, Apr 4, 2008.

1. PT_FTO

PT_FTO New Member

Hi all,

Some help please if you could. Living in Ireland and I am heading over to the US in 3 weeks time. Is there anywhere, preferably in the Las Vegas area that I can purchase a non contract iPhone??? I am only over on vacation so getting tied into contracts is a no no, but really want to get my hands on one.

Any help you could give would be most appreciated

Rgds, Paul

2. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

just go to the apple store and buy one when youre in vegas. get it unlocked when ur back in ireland. you can always do ebay. :)

3. PT_FTO

PT_FTO New Member

smokey, thanks for replying to my post. Do I not have to sign up to a contract with At&t when buying in the apple store?? I was under the assumption I did and they would not sell me one if I did not provide a U.S. address and card etc.
    If I can just buy one over the counter then thats great, I can, as you say, get it unlocked back over here then.
    Can you or anyone else confirm this???
    Many thanks,
    Paul

4. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

Yes, you can buy an iPhone at Apple store without a U.S. card/address and unlock it by yourself.

5. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

just have US currency and you will have no worries.

6. PT_FTO

PT_FTO New Member

Smokey / Alex, thanks very much for all your help, thats great news. Hopefully then after next week, I'll be a proud owner of my own iPhone....... Thanks again folks. :):):)