[HELP] iPhone frozen. Cant open any apps.

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by jashsayani, Mar 24, 2008.

1. jashsayani

jashsayani Member

Hi all,

My iPhone is frozen and I cannot open any apps on the springboard, not even the stock apps like Phone and SMS. Evrything was OK before I went to Installer and made a few changes:
    1. Uninstalled WeTool-US (which was on the dock)
    2. Installed WeTool (International Version)
    3. Installed GNU Class Path
    4. Installed JamVM
    5. Tried installing Cydia (but main script execution failed) - (might not have caused the problem as its usual)

When I returned to springboeard, all icons were disappeared except WeTool-US on the dock which did not open.

Later I connected it to my PC using USB (as SSH did not work - connection closed be host), then I saw the root dir, it was like this:

-root
    -Applications
    -.svc
    -Applications ( Had all apps )
    -Installer.app
    -WeTool-US.app

I was shocked to see Applications dir inside Applications so I copied all apps to main Applications dir and delected the sub-directory (Applications).

On reboot, I could see all apps but could not open any including stock apps like Phone,SMS.

I cant even turn the screen off. I have to hold the power button and then shut the phone off.

Please help :(

2. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

I am not sure about the exact solution for your problem, but one of the solution is upgrade your iphone to 1.1.3 or perform a restore to the same version.

3. jashsayani

jashsayani Member

Thanks. Will shift to 1.1.4 (would be better)...

4. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

Thats great!!!