Change Installer icon to AppStore icon!

Discussion in 'Watercooler' started by jashsayani, Mar 17, 2008.

1. jashsayani

jashsayani Member

2. Mr Apple

Mr Apple Member

When you download from the appstore is it for free?

3. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

App Store Has Both Free and Paid Applications

The App Store has many FREE applications; you are able to download as many as you want (until your iPhone memory gets filled up, I presume). I already have downloaded several FREE applications and one that I have paid for thus far.

Apple has an arrangement with those developers who sell applications in their App Store. Apple gets 30% of any fee the developer charges for their application.

When you are in the iTunes Store, select App Store, select the category you are most interested in at this time (Productivity, News, Business, Travel, etc.) and browse to see which seems like a good fit for your needs. When you click on the logo of the application, it takes you to a screen where there is a short summary about the application. If there is a price listed and you want that application, you click on the price.

There are also some reviews by users who provide feedback regarding what they do and do not like abut each application. The downside is that with newer applications there may not yet be many reviews to give you any meaningful perspective.

Also, each day, there appear to be more and more new applications being released in the App Store. So, it pays to check back once in a while if you are looking for a particular application that has not yet shown up in the App Store.