iphone on other networks

Discussion in 'Wireless Carriers & Plans' started by mitch0508, Feb 9, 2008.

1. mitch0508

mitch0508 Member

hi

i just wanted to know if any of you knew when the iphone will be realesed on other networks?

thanks

2. scottsdomain

scottsdomain Member

my understanding in the us it was a five year deal with AT&T.

so other networks will be available in 2012.

3. Judgej

Judgej New Member

I live in the UK and the O2 coverage is appalling.
    I have to sit my iPhone in one room of my house and leave it there. I am unable to make calls from home although I can send and receive texts.
    O2 say there is full coverage where I live......I don't think!
    I'll be glad when I can use TMobile's excellent 3G service where I live.

4. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

AT&T Loves iPhone Revenue

I know that the current contract/agreement is supposed to end in 2012. It would be very nice if the iPhone were then allowed to be used for other carriers.

However, the iPhone has been a miraculous cash cow for the folks at AT&T. If anyone thinks AT&T is just going to let their current agreement with Apple expire without a fight, please think again. Even if Apple Execs think that their customer ought to have more carrier choices, the chances are quite high that if AT&T waves enough money in front of them, they will be seduced into extending the agreement with AT&T.

I wish it were otherwise and that we could be assured of looking forward to more carrier choices once this current arrangment between Apple and AT&T expires,

5. iLiam

iLiam Active Member

In england its only avalible on O2 however you can unlock and jailbreak your phone to make it open to all networks

6. firozdungarsi

firozdungarsi New Member

Howz To do it!!!!

How do i unlock it to accept any simcard and not get unlocked when updating software.

7. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Yeah since the current agreement was not to end until 2012 ATT will hold them to it. It was originally offered to Verizon who chose not to take it for some reason. They might have had a deal with someone else that prevented them from taking it.

8. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Any Regrets Verizon???

Now that it is well known just what a tremendous cash cow the AT&T contract with Apple for the iPhone has been, I wonder if those people in the Verizon Executive suites are kicking themselves now.

9. petronas

petronas New Member

The iphone will be on Orange in october this yr (09)!! but to be honest i would get it unlocked, but do yourself a fav and dont pay for it to be unlocked, all you need to to is find a free jailbreak/unlocking software for the iphone, as it is EXACTLY the same software as the one that you will pay for, and it is very very easy to jailbreak/unlock yourself (believe me this is the first time for me !!) but do take your time, and read everything twice.....i promise you you will not regret it.

10. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

As far as I know apple is not going to spread iphone among other providers. After the last meeting with ATT, apple declared they are happy with them. They would continue with only ATT.