Unknown Call

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by rojas1201, Jan 10, 2008.

1. rojas1201

rojas1201 New Member

I have added my home number as a contact so I can assign a specific ringtone but when I get a call from home, it shows up as Unknown. I am using the full 10 digits on my contact. The iPhone software version is 1.1.2.

I called my home phone carrier and made sure that the number was not private. They verified that it was not.

I selected the details of the Unknown call but nothing shows up (I was hoping I could add it to my contacts as Home).

How can I get my iPhone to recognize my number?

Thank you

2. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

i have also seen this on my wife's iphone. the number is stored but still comes up as unknown call.

any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks

3. balacobaco

balacobaco New Member

Number Unknown

Hi fellows!

Depending where you are from, the way numbers are stored on you contacts is diff from how it is identified when you receive a call. If this is different, is impossible to the identifier to recognize as a known number.
    I`m from Brazil and fixed this by installing an application called IWorld and another small one that I don't recall now. Try to get more information about IWorld in this forum. I'll try to search my notes, as soon as I find something I'll post it here.

Cheers

4. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member

I used to get the same problem when I bought my iPhone.

There is an application named " Phone # to name fix " from Unlock.no sloved my issue.

Follow the below steps:

Tap Installer then go to Sources -->
    There check out for an application named Unlock.no, if you do not find this application, go to Install --> Unlocking Tools --> Here you will find this application, install it.

Once you are having this Unlock.no on your iphone, you just tap --> Installer --> Unlocking tools --> find out for an applicaiton named --> Phone # to name fix
    Install this application, while installing it will ask you for the minimum number of phone number you are having in your country(Ex: 7, 8, 9, 10), once you sumbitted your number, your issue will be resolved.

5. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

i never had that problem, but my ringtones are all messed up. whenever anyone calls my iphone randomly picks its own ringtone

6. offsuitaa

offsuitaa New Member

Hello all,
    I am new to the forum and this is my first post. Please be kind.
    I have done a lot of looking for info on this as I have the same problem - and its super annoying.
    The closest thing to a good answer that I have found was from bangarunaidu - and I tried it. Problem is that instal is for version 1.1.1. I have 1.1.2 and there appears to be no fix that I can find.
    I live in Vancouver - and it's not a case of International numbers. At first I thought it may have been for multiple entries - but that is not the case either.
    If anyone who has had a similar issue and found a fix could post up for me I would be very thankful.
    Now - so as not just take and not give something - I found a new instal today that is fantastic. It's called LocateMe. It's like GPS - uses cell towers to triangulate your position and then give you your degrees. It interfaces with googlemaps too. At least I like it! (no this is not a shameless plug - I just thought it was cool).

7. bangarunaidu

So, Locate me application is comes with 1.1.2 or you just installed by finding from a source.
    Can you tell me what is the source name so that I can install it because I am very much interested in it.

8. offsuitaa

offsuitaa New Member

Hi Bangarunaidu,
    I installed from 1.1.2. The info screen says: Written by Axel Bauer - Visit www.soneso.com for more info.
    Anyhow - no further solutions for me regarding my problem with 'Unknown Caller'?

9. bangarunaidu

Thank you for your info offsuitaa, i installed the application from soneso.com, it is displaying my carrier name and my place name but it couldnt locate it in map. However thanks for your info.
    I am sorrry to say that I dont have any clue to your 'Unknown caller' issue.
    By the way do you have any free video converter with you?

10. offsuitaa

offsuitaa New Member

Hey B,
    I don't use one - I convert via Quicktime Pro to MP4's usually. However - I found this new toy which may be worth checking out: CosmoPod 2.0 - MacUpdate . It's $10, but there must be a crack out there (read: Serial Box).

Does anyone else run into this 'Unknown' issue. It's beggining to get under my skin - especially when I look at missed calls. It's frustrating when you see something like 8 missed calls - 8 Unknowns.

Thanks in advance,
    offsuitaa