no sim display.. need help!

Discussion in 'iPhone 2G' started by Tam_15, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Tam_15

Tam_15 New Member

i bought my iPhone two weeks ago and it was working fine for the first 2 days. It has a v1.1.1 installed and was previously unlocked to be able to be used here in the Philippines no matter what carrier you subscribe to. Anyway, my phone began to do weird stuffs like rebooting by itself and turning in to a totally a blank page. Although, when i connect it to the desktop charger, the display comes back on and i have to turn it off and on again for me to be able to use it again.

A few days have passed, my phone started to display a "no sim" display on the upper right side of the phone where the name of the carrier appears. I took it to a cellphone repair shop and was restored and i was able to use it again. 3 days after the full restoration of my phone, it came back again and for the second time i took it to the repair shop. The repair man told me that he went through the same process that he did previously and he tried all the fw versions from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and still the "no sim" display is still there. I couldn't use my phone anymore.

Do anyone know the solution to my problem? I would really appreciate your inputs!

kindly e-mail me at: tammabini@yahoo.com

Thanks very much!