Hello from an elder-geek.

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by chazcone, Nov 10, 2007.

1. chazcone

chazcone New Member

I've been in the computer biz since 1961 and have purchased jus about every new thing that came down the pike. I waited a full 10 days after announcement before buying my iPhone. What a wonderful device. I love it (just about) every way.

On a trip to Spain I dropped a hotel room writing desk on it and crushed the glass. This event did NOT fill me with joy :mad: It worked fine after that, but the shattered glass faceplate made using it iffy (and painful on two particularly bloody occasions).

Imagine my surprise when, after returning to Atlanta, I took into my local Apple store, whined pitifully -- and they handed me a brand new one! Just transferred the SIM card and wished me a happy day -- no charge! Gotta love that.

Since the September release of iTunes I notice a + sign beside some tunes in the wi-fi store. I'm guessing that means a ringtone is available for that tune? But I can find any confirmation of that. Anyone know what the + means?

Chaz
    Elder-geek, Atlanta

2. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Apple, talk about customer service. I'm sure a repair would have done just fine. Great stuff.

4. chazcone

chazcone New Member

Thanks for the welcome, Alex! I didn't make myself clear. I know the "plus" indicates a higher priced tune on iTunes. But on the iPhone, the amount button always shows $0.99 and never (so far as I can tell) shows $1.49. If it did, it would answer my question.

I was really after how to tell which wi-fi store tunes have a ringtone assoicated with them. If it's not the "+" then I guess that's a function you can only get from iTunes directly.

Chaz