Music track order changed

Discussion in 'iPhone 2G' started by tinker51, Oct 29, 2007.

1. tinker51

tinker51 New Member

Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction to get this set right.
    I searched Apple support with no luck.
    The music on my iphone is screwed up, specifically the track orders.
    Allow me to explain with a specific example
    In itunes I have an artist with 5 albums. One of them is a live album. In itunes the albums are ordered alphabetically but the tracks are in the order they came off each cd. If I begin by playing the first song of the first album it plays all the songs/albums in track order. Fine, works great and that is the way I like it.
    On my iphone the albums are also ordered alphabetically and the tracks are listed in order off the cd's.
    Here is my problem.
    From the iphone-ipod menu. When I select the artist it shows me all five albums plus at the top an option for "ALL SONGS". Selecting ALL SONGS gets me every song by the airtist but in alphabetical order. Very annoying. In this case since one of the albums is a live album I get a song followed by the live version.
    Here is my question.
    How do I get the ipod in my iphone to care about album and track order when selecting ALL SONGS?
    And no, shuffle is not selected. It plays them alphabetically.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Sounds like just one of those annoyances, like how you have to come all the way out of a song to the settings menu just to repeat a song with the 5G iPod, really they should have thought up some button combination to make it easier. Another example is the shuffle on the Walkman phones will reshuffle if the song is paused, so if you pause a song in shuffle you can end up hearing it again and again because it reshuffles after that point. Extremelly annoying.

Good luck however,