Big problem with my internet connection

Discussion in 'iPhone 2G' started by sapu, Oct 22, 2007.

1. sapu

sapu Member

I have problem connecting to the internet through my iphone. I didn't have any problems before but lately it shows me that I am connected to my wi fi account at home but when I try to use anything that needs internet ( youtube, safari,weather) I can't and it tells me that can't connect to the server. At the same time it shows me that I am connected to my wifi account witch works perfect with my laptop. Can anybody help me with this problem because with no internet the iphone is just a fancy phone.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Hmm, this sounds pretty peculiar. I can't really suggest anything apart from make sure it's allowing the MAC address and all that, maybe try resetting your router and setting the network up from scratch. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, sounds like one of those strange annoyances like how my old PC would tell me key files were missing each time I booted it up.:p

3. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

i had that same problem with a linksys router, like ryan said, just reset your router a few times, (which worked for me). just be patient and you'll have wifi before you now it.

4. sapu

sapu Member

Thanks for the answers but the strange thing is that my phone connects to the wifi network and it shows me full strength but when I try to connect to the internet after, it's not working. Tells me that can't connect to the server or when I try my email says can't find the host. At the same time when I try the same network on my laptop the internet goes right away. Do you think that my phone locked some how for the internet.It worked fine right after I bought it and now it doesn't without me doing anything.

5. smokeytl

Have you been able to connect to any other wifi networks? If not, then your wifi is definitely broken internally. If so, then its you're network.

6. sapu

sapu Member

Yes, I was able to connect to other wifi networks, but is the same thing.I still can't go on the internet. How can i fix the network?

7. smokeytl

The phone still shows "unable to connect" when you have been on other wifi networks? If thats the case, I'd bring it into apple to see if you can get a new one or have them troubleshoot it right there. Just make sure you are able to connect when you're in the store.

8. sapu

sapu Member

Ok,thanks. The problem is that I am from Montreal and we don't have apple store here.But I'll see.Do you think that the phone might be locked again. Because when i got it, it was already unlocked and may be it locked the internet function again somehow.

9. smokeytl

So you have an unlocked Iphone and you downloaded the latest firmware of 1.1.1. That must be your problem there. I've heard that people with unlocked iphones are having problems with this latest firmware. My only suggestion is to get it unlocked again or try to restore to an earlier firmware. Good luck!

10. smokeytl