iPhone Overheating

Discussion in 'iPhone 2G' started by long10horns, Sep 15, 2007.

1. long10horns

long10horns New Member

I got my iPhone yesterday and I absolutely love it. I went to charge it last night and thought I would see if it would charge on my iPod charger. It said it was charging so I was happily surprised and I thought I would leave it there. I then wanted to mess with it (after it had been charging for about 10-15 minutes) and when I touched it, it was EXTREMELY hot! I mean, scalding hot, untouchable hot. I was SO shocked! I immediately unplugged it and clicked the home button and the screen looked warped in the area of the camera (that is where it was hottest). It was whiter there. I rubbed ice on the back and did whatever I could to cool it down. Finally when it was cool, I turned it back on and it seems to be normal, but the screen is still a little discolored and warped near the middle/upper half and the speakers are messed up now. The speakers crack and pop whenever they play a sound. What do you suggest I do? This really scared/scares me. I need to get this fixed. I bought it from AT&T on my AMEX card and bought the Square Trade insurance including accidental. Please help.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Take it back, and never put water/ice near an electronics device again. :p.

3. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

I'd try to return the phone.

4. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

I'd return it definitely!! i had heat issues with my phone as well, i think its very common.