Apple cuts iPhone prices

Discussion in 'iPhone 2G' started by Alex, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

2. scottsdomain

scottsdomain Member

I think that sucks for us who were early adopters. I would have expected $100, but $200 drop... ouch...

3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Moral of the story, never early adopt (as much as you feel the need to).

The 4 GB will be dieing once stock runs out also, RIP.

4. darita

darita Member

This is a terrible way to treat loyal and enthusiastic customers who were early adopters of the iPhone. We went on faith that the iphone would be a fantastic product and that Apple would not screw us this way. Yes, the phone works great, however for a manufacturer to cut it's price by 30 percent after only two months, I guess that's what we get.
    If Apple had any appreciation of us, they would offer us a trade up of some sort, so that we'd all be happy. Maybe 8G up to 16G (when available) and 4G to 8G.

5. michaelahern1@mac.com

michaelahern1@mac.com New Member

I agree. Also, everyone should write to apple investor relations complaining about the stupidity of this decision which resulted in apples stock price declining by $10 a share when it could have gone up $4 or so dollars from the ipod announcement the same day. An unbelievable decline in market capitalization of over $10 billion dollars in one day due solely to this idiocy. Michael Ahern Mahern23@gmail.com

6. w3k1llsuck3rs

w3k1llsuck3rs New Member

They just want our money... that's all.

I bought my iPhone the day of release, I have bought 3+ iPods. You add it up and find my anger atm.

Sure we all know Apple comes out with new stuff every 6 months, but a whole new iPhone JUST to go from EDGE to 3G? How about they enable a download or SOMETHING for us to hop up to 3G?

At this rate I don't think I'll ever spend my hard earned cash on Apples amazing products

: /

7. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Well, you can't blame them if the iPhone isn't doing to well which is what some people are saying. Basically the consensus is that the iPhone sales dried up quite quickly, lopping 200 bucks of the price will certainly aid that fact.

Even though you are all sort at spending an extra 200 bucks, it happens all the time, but just not this quick. 10 years ago I paid $1000 for a 26 inch CRT TV, but do I complain...

8. darita

darita Member

Are you serious!!! The new iphone uses 3G??? You must be joking! Now I really feel screwed.
    Seriously...they should offer us some kind of trade unless they really don't care about a PR nightmare. Would any of us now say, "I love my iPhone!"

9. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

10 years is not not 65 days, there's a big difference there. They should have just started out with the prices they have now and maybe would have got a lot closer to meeting their sale goals.

10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

They knew that people would early adopt but...it made business sense.

And does it have 3G, i never read anything about that :S.