Should I get the 4 or 8 gig?

Discussion in 'iPhone 2G' started by Blue-Rippler, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Blue-Rippler

Blue-Rippler New Member

Hey everyone,

The wife and I have decided to each get an iPhone. The only thing left to decide is which one to get. We're both going to mainly use the phones for contacts, date book, maps, and of course calling!

We will not be storing a bunch of photos or mp3's on them, but would probably have a small quantity.

I know OSX kills about 1 gig. I think we'd be OK with the 4 gig. What do you guys think? Is is good to have the extra memory just to be safe, or is the 4 enough for our purposes?

2. uazwildcats

uazwildcats Member

once you have it, I promise you you'll utilize the 8 gig.

3. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

Although 4 gig is OK, I strongly recommend getting the 8 gig version.

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you guys, you will ALWAYS regret getting the smaller capacity once you hit the point you have to start deleting stuff. I know I did when I bought all those Mp3 players before the 30gig iPod.

5. Blue-Rippler

Blue-Rippler New Member

Thanks for the advice. I kinda thought the same thing. Just wanted some second opinions. What the hey, why spend $1000 when I can spend $1200......:rolleyes:

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

LOL, it is a lot of money, but it's worth it my friend. Well for now, probably be a dirt cheap one within a year.

7. Blue-Rippler

Blue-Rippler New Member

I know so many people that say "I'll just wait 'till it's cheaper". I know they will come down in price eventually. I bet they don't get much cheaper as soon as people think they will though.

8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Price cuts can take a while to take place, but knowing Apple, we will be looking at a few different models of iPhone eventually, like the iPod, iPod Nano and iPod Shuffle.

9. Blue-Rippler

Blue-Rippler New Member

Ended up getting two 8-gigs. I've had them for two weeks now and absolutely love it! Guess I'll now be getting the store credits too....:mad:

10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wonder if they will try and only give you it for one of the phones to be cheeky. Tell us what happens.