question about new service..

Discussion in 'Wireless Carriers & Plans' started by tmcgradyfann1, Jul 31, 2007.

1. tmcgradyfann1

tmcgradyfann1 New Member

ok here is my situation.. i have verizon and i am going to cancel verizon and get AT&T family plan and i want 1 iphone and then two non-iphone nokia simple based phones how much is the data for the iphone? and can you have data on all three phones what would be the price. Also is the plans the same amount like if i wanted 1400 minute family plan would it be the same price if the iphone was on it? thanks

2. tmcgradyfann1

tmcgradyfann1 New Member

so basically the family plan has a base phone and then to add lines its 9.99 is it still 9.99 for the iphone?

3. uazwildcats

uazwildcats Member

The first two iPhones are basically 9.99 but after that the iPhones add 29.99 each

4. anomalight

anomalight Well-Known Member

Unless I'm doing some math wrong, any iPhone will be a minimum of $29.99 due to the required data plan.

-a

5. uazwildcats

uazwildcats Member

I guess it depends how you look at it. The amounts I mentioned are just the line costs, the data plans are extra.

6. anomalight

anomalight Well-Known Member

You cannot operate an iPhone without a data plan, so it's only extra from a line-item sense, but it is a fixed cost if you are to add an iPhone.

-a

7. uazwildcats

uazwildcats Member

From a data plan standpoint, (except for T-Mobile I believe), Blackberry service and Treo service is about $40 to $45, so in both cases iPhone is cheaper. My notes above were in reference to the cost per phone line on a family talk plan and how the third line is $20 more than the first two lines on the plan.

8. Neo

Neo Well-Known Member

1400 family talk is 89.99 with 9.99 for each additional line. i don't think they will let you get away with making one of those 9.99 your iphone. so just make it the primary 89.99 and call it a day. data plans vary from pda phone to regular.

9. uazwildcats

uazwildcats Member

The first two can be your iphobe at 9.99 but the third is 19.99.

10. smokeytl

smokeytl Well-Known Member

At&t will charge you 20 dollars for having the iphone data plan which includes 200 Text messages and unlimited data. There are other options you can have if you want such as unlimited text messages which is another 10 dollars. You cannot share your data plan with others in the family. All you guys share is the minutes. If they want data on their nokia's then there are other cheaper data plans for non iphones.